Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

Responsible Giving part 2

I suppose nothing makes people more uncomfortable than the meddling of finances.  My prayer is that you will allow the Holy Spirit to meddle in your business this morning and reveal to you a new understanding of giving.

Here's a little snack: Romans 12:1 says, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service."  The word "reasonable" is a very interesting word.  It's equivalent in application as the word "responsible."  May we consider it our responsibility to be good stewards with what the Lord has given us.

I will never forget when the understanding of my responsibility to give was made known to me by the Holy Spirit.  When my Pastor preached on "tithing", I tried to shut the doors of my ears so that it wouldn't apply to me.  However, the Holy Spirit had His way and penetrated His way through those doors.  I'm so thankful that He did.

If you have failed to see your responsibility to give, you stand in a long line.  For many reasons many today fail to see their need to give.  They enjoy all the benefits of worship, ministry and church programs without seeing the cost of them all.  I have known some who taught Sunday school classes and never gave a second thought to how their supplies were paid for.  Why is this?  It's simple; Satan has placed blinders over the eyes of our hearts and caused us to go haply on our way, none-the-wiser.

Take a moment now to thank God for all that He has provided to you through your church.  As you give thanks, ask Him to remove any blinders that may still be hanging on your heart, that you can see your reasonable service.

No comments:

Post a Comment